Parish Council Updates
May 2018 Highlights
- Fence along Lafayette Street was lowered 2 feet and opens up the property. Large bush was taken out and it looks much neater.
- Well garden is weeded and the bees are alive and active. After all of last year's work it still looks beautiful!
- Much progress has been made with Gallery Byzantium.
- Hike is planned to Chocura for parishioners on June 16. Karen is organizing!
- We reviewed and proposed the budget in order to get a bank loan for finishing proposed projects in 2018.
- Feast day preparations are underway for our June 9th feast with Metropolitan Hillarion.
February 2018 Highlights
- Website evolution and ideas. Making it more user friendly.
- Moving toward recording the Church history (stories, etc).
- Went over the Maintenance overview. Evolving with goal of greater participation.
- Glass on the serving table, as well as granite counter added.
- We ordered coloring books that support Church feasts, lives of saints, Great Lent and Holy week. Working those into Church School curriculum.
- It was suggested to order purple vestments for the Church (for next Great Lent). We will appeal for this after Pascha.